Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
People struggling with food issues may not show all the signs and symptoms of anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, or compulsive overeating. It’s okay. At The Emily Program, we recognize and treat Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED).
If you or someone you know needs help with OSFED, reach out today.
OSFED encompasses anyone struggling with food
Not everyone with an eating disorder fits neatly into one group. Sometimes it’s a combination of the disorders, symptoms present to a greater or lesser degree, or a completely unique struggle with feeding, food, exercising, or body image that impairs the health and well-being of an individual. Some conditions within OSFED include:
- Atypical anorexia nervosa (weight is not below normal)
- Bulimia nervosa (with less frequent behaviors)
- Binge eating disorder (with less frequent occurrences)
- Purging disorder (purging without binge eating)
- Night eating syndrome (excessive nighttime food consumption)
All of these conditions pose serious emotional, psychological, and physical health risks. And all of them deserve attention.
Read more about OSFED here.
Ask for help. You are not alone. Begin your journey to recovery today.