Outpatient Care For Adults
Our outpatient program helps you gain insight and develop recovery skills. Some people can do the outpatient program when they first come to The Emily Program, while others will need partial hospitalization/intensive outpatient or residential treatment first and then will step down into outpatient. In addition to the recovery work you’ll be doing, you can continue or re-establish everyday activities like work or school. Outpatient care is available at each of our convenient locations in Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, or Washington.
Personalized treatment plans
Our personalized treatment approach is based in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT). We design a treatment plan to address your needs, using best practices in the field of eating disorders treatment. Your outpatient treatment plan may include:
- Group therapy with other adults experiencing similar issues, thoughts, and feelings
- Individual sessions with a therapist who specializes in eating disorders and associated health complications
- Family therapy, if appropriate, to involve the spouse or partner, children, parents, siblings, and other family in the healing process
- Nutrition education
- Individual sessions with a dietitian who specializes in eating disorders, as needed, particularly when stepping down from higher levels of care
- Medical and psychiatric services, as needed, particularly when stepping down from higher levels of care
In individual outpatient sessions at The Emily Program, you will meet one-on-one with a therapist, dietitian, psychiatrist, and/or physician. The type and frequency of individual sessions vary by treatment plan and are designed to help you move forward in recovery. These healing connections strengthen your recovery and help you learn and practice the skills you need for health.
At The Emily Program, we believe that group therapy can be an incredibly important part of your recovery from an eating disorder. Groups provide a safe, judgment-free environment to process thoughts, emotions, and behaviors with other people in similar situations. We offer many therapeutic and skill-building groups, such as Overcoming Your Eating Disorder, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills Training, Eating Disorders and Substance Use Disorder recovery, Families Supporting Families, and more. Group sessions vary by location. Your intake therapist and/or individual therapist will recommend a group that might be the best fit for you.
Click on the links below to learn more about group offerings at our locations:
- Twin Cities* – 2019 Catalog – Download PDF
*Includes groups at St. Louis Park, St. Paul (multiple locations), and East Metro
- Cleveland – 2019 Catalog – Download PDF
Please speak with your individual therapist about any group opportunities that interest you. Your provider can help guide and inform you about which groups would be a good fit for where you are on your path to recovery. Your provider is also your contact to enroll in any of our outpatient groups.