Our Personalized Therapies Treat Even The Most Complex Adolescent Eating Disorders
No two teens with eating disorders share the exact same medical and psychiatric complications. That’s why The Emily Program personalizes each client’s treatment program using proven integrative interventions to heal the mind, body, and spirit. And where there is healing, there is hope. Schedule an eating disorder assessment or call us at 1-888-EMILY-77 (1-888-364-5977) today.
We Tailor Our Evidence-Based Eating Disorders Therapies To Your Child
The Emily Program care teams bring decades of experience managing the unique medical and psychiatric complications of eating disorders. We provide a multidisciplinary and integrative interventions tailored to teens and young adults of all genders and sexual orientation who struggle with food issues, including anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder, compulsive eating, and other eating disorders.
Early childhood experiences, lifestyle choices and interests, and struggles with food have impacted your child’s whole being. We understand. We also know from experience that eating disorders rarely occur without other health conditions, from diabetes or gastrointestinal problems to anxiety, depression, or substance use. The Emily Program has the professional expertise to address all of these complications as part of your child’s recovery.
Personalized treatment plans
Our personalized treatment approach for teens and young adults is based in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. The renowned Maudsley Approach and other Family-Based Therapy may also be appropriate. We personalize each treatment plan, using best practices to provide:
- Individual therapy for one-on-one sessions with a therapist who specializes in eating disorders and associated health complications
- Family therapy, if appropriate, to involve parents, guardians, siblings, and other family members in the healing process
- Group therapy with other adolescents and young adults experiencing similar issues, thoughts, and feelings
- Nutritional rehabilitation, such as therapeutic meals and snacks, cooking classes, and recovery practice in real-world food situations
- Medical and psychiatric services, with monitoring for vitals, medication, and other follow-up care
- Chemical dependency and trauma programming
- Integrative therapies such as art, yoga, massage, movement, and recreational therapy to help teens and young adults connect with their bodies, feelings, and thoughts in new and creative ways
We’re committed to lifetime recovery for every client. Healthy living is possible.
Start The Journey To Recovery Now
Children, teens, and young adults who struggle with food need specialized professional help to recover from their eating disorders and related complications. Please don’t wait. Use our online form to schedule an eating disorder assessment or call 1-888-EMILY-77 (1-888-364-5977). At The Emily Program, find help. And hope.
Eating Disorder Facts
Eating disorders are real, treatable medical illnesses often coexisting with other illnesses such as depression, substance abuse, or anxiety disorders. Get the facts.
Expert Medical And Psychiatric Care
Our Medical and Psychiatry Services Team has decades of experience managing the unique medical and psychiatric complications of eating disorders for all levels of care. Learn more.